Mission Statement - International Headquarters
International Headquarters exists to support the General as he leads The Salvation Army to accomplish its God-given worldwide mission to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human needs in his name without discrimination.
In so doing, it assists the General:
- To give spiritual leadership, promote the development of spiritual life within the Army, and emphasise the Army’s reliance on God for the achievement of its mission.
- To provide overall strategic leadership and set international policies.
- To direct and administer the Army’s operations and protect its interests – by means of appointments and delegation of authority and responsibility with accountability.
- To empower and support the territories and commands, encourage and pastorally care for their leaders, and inspire local vision and initiatives.
- To strengthen the internationalism of the Army, preserve its unity, purposes, beliefs and spirit, and maintain its standards.
- To promote the development, appropriate deployment and international sharing of personnel.
- To promote the development and sharing of financial resources worldwide, and manage the Army’s international funds.
- To promote the development and international sharing of knowledge, expertise and experience.
- To develop the Army’s ecumenical and other relationships.
In fulfilling its mission, International Headquarters seeks to achieve the highest standards of promptness, efficiency and service.